What better way to learn about happenings in the education world than Twitter? It's filled with thousands of expert educators and researchers who are working hard to improve education. Here are six influential accounts you should follow on Twitter to stay on top of the latest developments in education-focused behavioral research:
1. Dr. Lindsay Page. Lindsay is an Assistant Professor of research methodology at the School of Education and a research scientist at the Learning Research and Development Center at the University of Pittsburgh. Her recent research focuses on improving college access and success. Follow @linzcpage
2. Dr. Ben Castleman. Ben Castleman is an Assistant Professor of Education and Public Policy at the University of Virginia. Ben's multiple research articles offer scalable solutions in education. He's also a senior advisor to First Lady Michelle Obama's Reach Higher Initiative. Follow @BenCastleman
3. Dr. Miguel Angel Escotet. Miguel is an Emeritus Professor and former Dean at the University of Texas Brownsville. He's the President of Afundación, a nonprofit focused on higher education, innovation, and culture. He's released multiple publications focused on higher education reforms. Follow @DrEscotet
4. Dr. Angela Duckworth. Angela is a professor at The University of Pennsylvania. She's the Founder & Scientific Director of Character Lab, a nonprofit focusing on character development that helps children reach their fullest potential. She also published Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance. Follow @angeladuckw
5. Dr. Robert J. Marzano. Robert has completed educational research focusing on teaching strategies and improvement reforms. He's also the co-founder of Marzano Research. Follow @robertjmarzano
6. Dr. Sara Goldrick-Rab. Sara is a Professor of Higher Education Policy & Sociology at Temple University. She's the founder of the Wisconsin HOPE Lab and has a wide variety of published articles focusing on education. Follow @saragoldrickrab
What researchers should be included in the next list? Let us know here!
About the author: Paige is the Marketing Associate at Signal Vine. She helps manage Signal Vine's marketing initiatives and loves everything Twitter and analytics.